The Smiths - The Festival Of The Tenth Summer
G-Mex Centre
Manchester, England
July 19, 1986
FM Source @320
Manchester, England
July 19, 1986
FM Source @320
Set List:
01. Intro: The March Of The Capulets
02. Bigmouth Strikes Again
03. Panic
04. Vicar In A Tutu
05. Frankly, Mr. Shankly
06. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
07. Ask
08. I Want The One I Can't Have
09. Cemetry Gates
10. Shakespeare's Sister
11. Stretch Out And Wait
12. That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
13. The Queen Is Dead
14. I Know It's Over
15. Hand In Glove
*Original Notes:*
This is a complete broadcast of the majority of the show. Where you hear a cut in the crowd noise, that is my removing station IDs or lead-ins to commercials as carefully as I could. Also note that The Queen Is Dead is criminally cut short by the radio station. For that track,I chose to fade it out over the station call-sign, as the call-sign was accompanied by music, and destroyed the track anyway.
All told though, this is a great FM recording, in my humble opinion. Hope you think so too. This is the show where Morrissey's infamous comment "I hope the pressure of having to stand on your own two feet isn't too difficult" originated. Hardly a comment that endeared him to the crowd, though one punter can clearly be heard proclaiming his love for the Moz right after that statement.
The Smiths were second on a lengthy bill paying tribute to the G-Mex Center's 10th anniversary. After The Smiths, New Order closed the show. I know that the New Order set has been torrented before on STG, as I downloaded it, but I am not aware of this set being seeded before. If it has, it is from a different source than mine.
This is a transfer from cassette tape. Cassette tape was purchased by me through the back pages of the NME in August, 1986. This is my last FM recording of this band to share. I have a couple of dodgy audience recordings, including one of the only Smiths show that I was witness to myself - at GWU University in Washington DC.
~Douglas
The Smiths - Live at Rockpalast, Hamburg 1984
Vocals - Morrissey
Guitar - Johnny Marr
Bass - Andy Rourke
Drums - Mike Joyce
Tracklist
0:01:09 - Hand in Glove
0:04:12 - Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
0:07:37 - Girl Afraid
0:10:35 - This Charming Man
0:13:36 - Pretty Girls Make Graves
0:17:14 - Still Ill
0:21:00 - Barbarism Begins at Home
0:27:22 - This Night has Opened my Eyes
0:30:50 - Miserable Lie
0:35:42 - You've Got Everything Now
0:40:01 - Handsome Devil
0:43:53 - What Difference Does it Make
Encore
0:48:30 - These Things Take Time
0:51:20 - This Charming Man
0:55:58 - Hand in Glove
fbsvw
Manchester '86
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

No comments:
Post a Comment