Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Stranglers - All Live And All of the Night {Out of Print}

The Stranglers - All Live And All of the Night
Soundboard @ flac
(original version*)
{Out Of Print}

*Cover shown is for the remastered version which has 7 additional bonus tracks.
It is also Out of Print.
If you have the remastered version throw us a link!!

Recorded at Le Zenith, Paris, April 29th 1985, Hammersmith Odeon, London, March 31st 1987 and The Reading Festival, August 30th 1987. 

Track List:
1. No More Heroes
2. Was It You
3. Down In The Sewer
4. Always The Sun
5. Golden Brown
6. North Winds
7. European Female
8. Strange Little Girl
9. Nice N Sleazy
10. Toiler On The Sea
11. Spain
12. London Lady

13.  All Day And All Of The Night
 
Backing Vocals – Dave Greenfield
Bass – J.J. Burnel
Drums – Jet Black
Engineer – Max Bisgrove
Guitar – Hugh Cornwell
Keyboards – Dave Greenfield
Mixed By – Jet Black, Ted Hayton
Percussion – Jet Black
Photography By – Malcom Heywood, Nik Yeomans, Pennie Smith
Producer – Stranglers, The, Ted Hayton
Saxophone – Alex Gifford
Trombone – Chris Lawrence
Trumpet – Jason Votier
Vocals – Hugh Cornwell, J.J. Burnel


pass = fbsvw



All Live

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the flac version ! I like this live album. I was looking for it but ... Some former Stranglers did an LP under the name of The Purple Helmets. It's even harder (ha ha) to find. I'm looking for this, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, tell us if you find The Purple Helmets. I've never been able to find it. I like this record too, but not as much as Live In London {'85} or Hope & Anchor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have found something we were both looking for...stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't commented on this one before as the Stranglers were my big group from '76 until the Meninblack album when my interest died out, so I wasn't going to get this one (or Live in London), tho' the Hope and Anchor is an absolute cracker (and I can provide the multi-artist 2LP H&A festival, if anyone asks.

    An-y-way, Mouldysauerkraut mentioned the Purple Helmets whom I only discovered recently; I now have both albums @320, if you'd like'em, silent? Some info:

    Purple Helmets - Ride Again (1988)

    Wooly Bully
    Over Under Sideways Down
    Don't Bring Me Down
    We Gotta Get Out of This Place
    Baby Please Don't Go
    Can't Explain
    Whatcha Gonna Do About It
    Keep on Running
    All Day and All of the Night
    Louie Louie
    Tobacco Road
    I Wanna Be your Man
    Hip-Hug Her
    Not Fade Away
    I'm a Man

    J.J. Burnel: bass, vocals
    Manny Elias: drums
    John Ellis: lead guitar, vocals
    Alex Gifford: lead vocals, saxophone, guitar
    Dave Greenfield: keyboards, guitar, vocals

    Live album mixed by : Alex Gifford & Owen Morris - Recorded by : Owen Morris.
    This record, consisting of nothing but cover tunes, is fun from start to finish.
    .....
    Purple Helmets - Rise Again (1989) Rebel Records

    Brand New Cadillac
    I'm Crying
    Rosalyn
    She's Not There*
    First I Look At The Purse°
    Get Yourself Home
    Oh Pretty Woman
    Homework
    Don't You Like What I Do
    Money
    Under The Sun
    Baby Let Me Take You Home
    Sha La Lee
    Baby
    Everything's Alright

    J.J. Burnel: bass, vocals, lead vocals on *
    Manny Elias: drums
    John Ellis: lead guitar, vocals
    Alex Gifford: lead vocals, saxophone, guitar
    Dave Greenfield: keyboards, guitar, vocals
    + G. Fuller : harmonica on °

    The Purple Helmets approach their chosen jukebox classics with the enthusiasm of teenagers and the skill of seasoned professionals.

    The big source of information on all Stranglers-related info is Adrian of auralsculptors, who tells us this:

    http://auralsculptors.blogspot.com/2011/08/purple-helmets-at-sis-party-at-marquee.html

    Email me if you'd like'em, silent?

    Cheers, Dave Sez.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved 'meninblack'...I lost interest somewhere 'Dream Time' when Hugh and the band was getting all AOR sappy.

    ReplyDelete